Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lets give it up-thursday part 2


THIS IS JUST A CONTINUED POST...
 
PS. this was also posted on my blog so if you need any more pics they are posted.
 
 
DIY Cheetah Nail Art Design

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
  • 3 Colors- a light, a medium and a dark shade. (I chose gold, brown and black for a traditional Cheetah look.) 
  • A toothpick
  • Base Coat
  • Top Coat
                                    

(In case you were wondering this is Love and Beauty Gold, China Glaze Unplugged and NYC Black)


 STEP 1: After applying a base coat, apply your lightest shade first. I normally do two coats.

STEP 2: Blotch, literally blotch various spots of your medium shade all over each nail. The more random the blotch, the better the end result will be!

STEP 3: With your toothpick, dab some black on the end and outline two sides of your spots. It is ok if every spot does not look perfect. Remember, a real cheetah doesn't have perfect spots! :)

 STEP 4: With the same toothpick, fill in the blank spaces with random specks like so.

STEP 5: Let your nails dry a bit then apply top coat and VIOLA! You have cheetah nails!


 Here are a few example of Cheetah nails I had did on a previous post.


Well I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial. Make sure you head over to Dont Smudge!!! to get the latest scoop on how to treat your nails! 

Thanks ELLE

Hasta UNT

2 comments:

  1. Oh How cute, Thanks for popping by my blog :) I am trying to do a weekly Menu,and share the recipes I use :)
    I Love to cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Too bad I don't have the patience to polish my nails. *sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete