Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Afro-Indy 101


Hey hey now!
I want to encourage people to express their individuality, their independence by showing them how to revamp items to suite their own style.  My specific sense of style *and in no way am I a fashionista* is afrocentricity and Indie chic with a splash of bohemian flare.  Not everyone knows what this means.  So I’m going to start AFRO-INDY 101 sessions.  :) Knowledge is power people, know what you are representing.
First  things first  DEFINITION!

AFROCENTRICITY



Afrocentric  - emphasizing or promoting emphasis on African culture and the contributions of Africans to the development of Western civilization
No motherland roots? No problem! You just may enjoy the colorful patterns, or the chunky beaded jewelry, and that’s fine.

Indie Style




Indie – Independent style,  a term used to describe independence from major commercial labels, a  Do-It-Yourself approach  

Sometimes you just don’t want to wear whats “IN”. Maybe you just made the baddest belt out of buttons you’ve collected for a while, but the style is faux snake skin waist wrappers. Throw that trend to the wind and rock those buttons!

Boho Chic

*picture*

Boho- Bohemian,  a style of female fashion  drawing on various bohemian and hippie influences

Ready for a date night, but not into anything clingy? Get the gypsy look. Slip on a flattering peasent top, slide on a gang of bangles, bracelets and cuffs.  Boho is all about light layers and nifty accessories. 

See people, its really simple. :) As usual I'd love to hear your feed back. Is your style definition of these three? If not what is your style? 

Hasta UNT

4 comments:

  1. Hey there! I like the Bohemian style... though in reality, I wear mostly jeans and t-shirt day in and day out (yeah... even at work, haha). Love your blog though. Your writing style is so energetic and fun! That's how I feel while reading your posts :) Thanks for visiting us and linking to the Creating Success Around the World blog hop. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have hit the head on the nail. My inside doesn't match the outside of me. I love the whole boho-chic, indie, afro-centric way of style & living, but I don't dress (at least I don't think so)like it. I often wonder if it had anything to do with attitude. The items are things I have in my closet, but when I put together, I don't feel like it. It's like I need that extra uummpphhh to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bohemian looks, but I don't always seem to pull them together the way I invision them. Great post on breaking down the different styles.

    ReplyDelete