Thursday, August 18, 2011


Hey Hey Now!

So Color Blocking is in. And even though I'm not a "Fashionista" when I saw this really cheap and simple DIY I had to share it with you guys!


Ever made those lanyard chains growing up? Well I know I did. I ran across this tutorial at bromeliadliving. All you need is a lighter to burn the ends, some scissors and poly rope for $1 at the Dollar Tree (where everything is a dollar). You can make about three bracelets out of one bunch and they have assortated colors. You gotta love it.





I did the regular box stitch and the cross stitch. You cant tell either way once they wrap around your wrist but you should still play around with it. I'm also playing with colors on my down time.  If this TUTORIAL still doesnt get it for you... here is a youtube video I found. But you do want to follow the original closing instructions.  




I hope this helps. I really would like some feed back on how I'm helping you. :)

Hasta UNT

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Thanks for the shout out. It's so exciting to see someone actually able to make something from one of my weird ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasnt wierd at all. When I saw it, i knew I would be making dozens. Thanks for the idea, and the feed back babe!

    ReplyDelete