BLACK GIRL'S GUIDE TO WEARING INDIE FASHIONS
Hey hey hey now!
So I was over at BLACKNAPS the other day and I ran across this article called The Black Girl's Guide to Wearing Indie Fashions. I know that not all my readers are Black, but I had to share it with you. Rather you are white, yellow, brown or albino you can use a few tips from this post.
Since their article gives us so many tidbits about how to dress Indie, I had to make it an Afro-Indy session. Here are some highlighted things you cant help but pick up and put into your repertoire. :)
- Indie isnt about trending. Its about expression, and being unique.
- Dont get Indie mixed up with being boho! While they do have similarities as far being thrifty and earthy. Indie is all about one of a kind looks.
- 50's-80's vintage will always pull you in the right direction.
- Fall is coming, socks, stockings, and kneed highs should be paired with dresses and skirts.
- Blend Blend Blend! Indie isnt matchy matchy. You should blend your layers of fabrics with metallic accents.
- And if nothing else, spark your fit with some original foot wear. :)
Well those are just a few things. :) I'm totally doing an Indie look the next date night with TBG. And I'll make sure I'm going about it the right way because I can tend to be pretty matchy matchy. I will unleash the Indie in me. Make sure you pop over and give BlackNaps a peek and let me know if you learned something too.! :) (learn something new each day)
Thank you Curly Ladies of BlackNaps. :)