Monday, September 5, 2011

DIY Cardboard pendants part 2

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to go ahead and give you the second part of my creation. Really quick and simple instructions. :) Here is the link to the first part.

Things you will need:
six jump rings (four if you are using your original pendants with jump rings already in them)
two earring hoops
Here is what I used. The clothing pin is what I used to punch holes in the pendants. I didnt use the long wire, so ignore that please.  :)

This is my foam pendant. I traced my cardboard shape onto foam paper then cut it out. Punched holes in it by using the pins. Then slide two jump rings into it. One in the foam and the next just onto the original jump ring.  This foam piece will hang a little lower behind the cardboard because of the two rings.

This is my finished cardboard pendant. I looked up a Kente cloth pattern and used acrylic paint for the design. Like before i added a jump ring to this pendant.

Here is the finished product. I just added the jump rings to a earring hanger. First the cardboard on top of the foam so that it hangs as you see above.
See easy peasy! I will post pics of my wearing these later. I hope you guys like it though. Let me know what you think! :)

Hasta UNT!

6 comments:

  1. Those are very cool! What a great idea.

    jen
    http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! and I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOO trying this i will probably use leather and ankara (an african fabric) I have been having this idea for awhile but have been extra lazy, love your final product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!! Thanks for sharing
    christianblackvegan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete